Welcome to Betfair – one of the world’s top online bookmakers. It stands out from other sportsbooks in Nigeria with the betting exchange. Also, it offers a wide variety of sports markets and other amazing features that have earned it an excellent reputation in the iGaming industry.
Betfair betting site started its operations back in 2000 and quickly became recognized globally when it introduced the exchange section. However, it was until 2012 when the sportsbook section was added to the site.
The operator holds licenses from two most respected authorities – Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) and the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC). This means that punters from Nigeria can access Betfair and place bets without any fear.
Joining Betfair Sportsbook gives you access to a wide variety of sports, including Basketball, Cricket, Boxing, Horse Racing, MMA, Rugby, Snooker, Handball, and more. The best part of it is that these sports can be accessed across different devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and personal computers.
Additionally, this online sports betting site has an excellent multi-lingual customer support team committed to providing you with professional answers to all the questions that you may have.
Read on our complete review to find out about how to register, how to bet, bonuses and promotions, payments, mobile betting, and more.
The sportsbook section at Betfair features 28 different sports. There are different selections that can be made, such as quarter and half markets, total points, handicap betting, quarter and half markets, first penalty, first-team/last team, and others. Additionally, you will get the latest sports highlights on upcoming and on-going matches of different sports. Some of the top sports you can find in the sportsbook section include:
- American Football
- Motor Sport
- Table Tennis
- Horse Racing
Other than offering betting options, the sportsbook has other unique features to enhance user experience. They include:
The in-play option at Betfair sportsbook gives you access to 50 events being played in real-time. Many punters opt for in-play events because the odds are higher than pre-match events. Also, there are many options to choose from. The popular sports available for in-play betting include Tennis, e-Sports, table tennis, soccer, etc.
This feature guarantees a profit regardless of the final outcome. It all happens with a click of a button. You can choose to cash out the full amount or part and leave the remaining stake to run. Betfair allows you to cash out on different sports, including football, horse racing, and tennis.
Registering an account at Betfair Nigeria is simple and takes a few minutes only. You will be required to provide personal information, deposit money to your account, and claim the free bet offers before you start betting on the available markets. Our step by step sign up guide provides you with all the information you may need to know to get started:
- Step 1: Visit Betfair official website
- Step 2: Navigate on the homepage and click on ‘Join Now.’
- Step 3: Fill the registration form with name, date of birth, phone number, email address, etc.
- Step 4: Create a strong password that can be easily remembered
- Step 5: Select the frequency limit you like and amount limit
- Step 6: Click in the field then click on ‘Join Now’ to activate your account
- Step 7: Deposit funds to your account and place bets
How to Bet on Betfair
Before you start betting on Betfair online sportsbook, it’s essential to understand different rules and how they apply to the sports markets. You don’t require skills to start placing bets on the site. What’s needed is a registered account loaded with money. Here are the simple steps to place a bet on Betfair:
- Step 1: Login your Betfair account
- Step 2: Click on ‘Sportsbook’ on the menu bar
- Step 3: Scroll down to ‘Sports Highlights’ section
- Step 4: Select the type of sport you wish to bet on
- Step 5: Click on the odds to activate the bet slip
- Step 6: Toggle on the option to confirm bets before placing
- Step 7: Click on ‘Place Bets’
There are many sports betting markets available at Betfair sportsbook, including popular ones like:
- Live Betting: In case a handicap draw selection is offered in live betting, the bets that are placed on the draw will be settled at wins when the outcome is selected.
- Proposition: All stakes are returned in case of an abandoned game.
- Correct Score: In case of a disqualification or retirement from the match, all bets on the correct score will be voided.
- Match Handicap Betting: All bets on the market will be voided in case of a disqualification or retirement
- Quarter Market: The quarter must be completed for the bets to be settled. Extra time doesn’t count in this market.
- Second Half Market: the resulted in the score for the second half. Overtime doesn’t count in this market.
- Highest Scoring Half: The second half is inclusive of overtime scores.
- Last Point Market: Is settled on the previous point at the end of the second half, including overtime.
- Series Markets: the series must come to an end for the market to be settled
- First Basket Markets: resulted in the first score of the game, includes free throws as per official results provided.
- The First Team Basket: the score will result in the first score from each team.
- Player Performance Markets: the bets on this market are based on the statistics recorded on a particular player.
- Player Match Bets: the bets on this market are settled based on the quoted statistic recorded by a specific player by the end of the match.
- Big Brother: In case a contestant is evicted from the house, removed by Big Brother, or leave on their own, they will be settled as lost bets.
- Christmas Number One: the bets are placed on the next Christmas number one will be settled based on the UK Charts.
- Method of Victory: the bet wins if you predict the method the match will end.
Bonuses and Promotions
There are plenty of attractive bonuses and promotions available for all customers at Betfair Nigeria online sportsbook. Like other operators, these offers come with different terms and conditions you need to meet before you can withdraw winnings. Currently, you can claim the following bonuses at Betfair bookmaker:
Bet $10 on Multiples $ Get a $5 free bet valid on multiple. Each bet must have at least one selection at min odds of 1.5 or higher. It excludes single bets, cashed out bets and exchange bets. The free bet is valid for seven days.
Loyalty Bonus: Bet $15 and get $5 every week. There are no minimum odds for this market. However, you must opt into part take in the promotion.
Refer Bonus: Earn $10 in Cash for every friend you refer to Betfair. You get a maximum of $10 in 60 days, and the maximum referrals are 5.
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Bank Transfer and more
With Betfair Nigeria bookmaker, you get access to different ways to deposit and withdraw funds. The most accepted options range from credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and others. All deposits at the sportsbook are processed free of charge, but a fee may apply when processing withdrawals. The betting limits at Betfair meets the demands of all types of bettors – both low and high rollers.
How to Deposit at Betfair?
After successful registration at Betfair Sportsbook, you will be taken to the deposit page where you can add funds to your account. Here is a simple guide to depositing money to your account:
- Step 1: Login your Betfair account
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Deposit’ button at the top right-hand side of the homepage
- Step 3: All available payment options will be listed
- Step 4: Select the deposit option you like
- Step 5: Enter the amount to send to your account
- Step 6: You may be requested to provide further details like CCV
How to Withdraw from Betfair in Nigeria?
There are two ways you can withdraw money from Betfair online sportsbook:Mobile Option
- Click on ‘My Account’ icon
- Select the ‘Withdraw’ button
- Select the payment method you would like to withdraw
- Click on ‘My Account’ on the homepage
- Select ‘My Betfair Account’ from the drop-down menu
- Select ‘Withdraw funds’ options
Note: You are allowed to withdraw from your Main Wallet only. Also, the payment method you used to deposit funds will be used during the withdrawal process. The withdrawal time frames vary from one system to another, ranging between 1 and 5 working days.
Betfair Mobile App
The betting fun never stops when you download the Betfair app on your device. The bookmaker has apps for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. Some of the reasons why many Nigerians opt for the free to download apps is because:
- You can place and track your bets on the go
- Same game multi-build the bet you want
- Each way edge – add places for a better chance of winning or remove places to win bigger
- Bet-in-play-with the creators of in-play betting
- Live streaming over 100, 000 events each year
Below are the steps to downloading and installing the Betfair mobile app on iOS or Android devices:
Downloading on Android Devices
- The following steps will help you to download the Betfair app Android:
- Log in to your Betfair Account or create a new one
- Go to your setting and click on Application
- Check the box beside Unknown Sources and confirm
- The app will start to download on your device
Once the Betfair Apk file has been downloaded to your devices storage, you need to open it and install it.
Downloading on iOS Devices
- Login or create a new Betfair account
- Go to the Apple Store
- Search for the official Betfair App
- Download the App to your device
- Install and start betting
Note that you need to change your region to Cyprus because the iOS app is designed to work in this area.
Pros and Cons
- Offers competitive odds in diverse markets
- Has a large number of sports markets
- Excellent mobile apps for Android and iOS
- Accepts a wide range of payment options
- Utilizes advanced security protocols like SSL
- Rewards generous welcome bonus to all new customers and promotions to existing ones
- The website is filled with information
- Doesn’t accept the local Naira currency
Betfair has a standby customer support team to respond to all your questions or provide a solution to any problems you may have. Customers can contact the agents through different communication channels like email, live chat, and telephone. Additionally, this operator also has a comprehensive FAQ section where all questions have been answered by experts. Also, you can contact the support agents via Facebook Messenger and Tweeter (@BetfairC S).
As one of the leading international sports betting sites, Betfair attracts many Nigerians as well as punters from other parts of the world. The website is well-tailored to meet the expectation of all customers, both new and experienced. It’s simple to register and start placing bets on your favourite sports. You will also find the registration to be fast and straightforward. We cannot forget to mention the generous bonuses and promotions that are offered to all customers. The support agents are highly trained and available 24/7 to provide any assistance that you may require.
Is Betfair a licensed bookmaker?
Does Betfair accept NGN?
Who owns Betfair?
What is betslip on Betfair?