From the name alone, you can already tell that this bookmaker prides itself on being a kingmaker within the online sports betting scene. BetKing is owned and operated by SV Gaming Limited, a Nigerian based sports company founded in 2013.
The bookmaker ensures that all its operations are above board by having their gambling activities overseen by different gambling regulators in Nigeria. These are the Lagos State Lotteries Board, the National Lotteries Board, the Osun State Government, and Anambra State Gaming Company.
In line with its regulators’ terms and Nigeria’s EFCC, this bookmaker ensures it vets all individuals looking to become members. Therefore, you can expect a verification procedure to establish your true identity and also your age during your registration. That’s because the platform is a proponent of responsible gambling, restricting access to the site’s services by underage individuals.
For offline users of this sportsbook, agent stores are located in some of the busiest Nigerian streets. The bookmaker’s mantra is to create kings, and by having walk-in stores for sports fans, they can do just that. Bettors can visit the bookmaker’s stores near them to receive information on upcoming games, winning statistics, and the latest odds, among other information. The agent stores also enable you to register your bettor account, place bets, and even deposit or withdraw your winnings whenever you desire.
This online platform aims to cater to sports fans solely, and that’s precisely why you will only find sports-related gambling options. To fully enjoy this sportsbook’s offerings, you would need to head over to the BetKing Nigeria login section. This is located along the top right area of every page. Type in your registered username and password to open your account.
The variety of sports you will come across on this platform are:
- Simulated Soccer
- Ice Hockey
- Beach Volleyball
- Aussie Rules
- Table Tennis
- Esports such as League of Legends, DOTA 2, Counter-Strike, Overwatch, Starcraft, Rainbow Six, and King of Glory
The platform also offers Ante Post bets on:
- Special events like politics
Clicking on your desired sport will open up any more options for you, such as the country, tournament, or event. From there, select the event to open up its various games, the time that each will play out, the available markets, and the chosen odds for them.
The Sports area also comes with its own menus to make navigation on the platform’s offerings easy. These are:
- Home – this will display the platform’s most popular bets, upcoming events, best games with odds less than 2.5, and the match of the day
- Today – this will give you a list of all the sports that will take place on that day
- Soccer – this gives a breakdown of the listed options you will find when you click on Soccer to the left of the screen. It has its own menu since it’s the most popular sport among Nigerians
- Statistics – here, you’ll come across all the sports available on the platform as well as their statistics to help you strategize on how to place the best bets
- Results – displays the scores of the games that have ended
- Livescore – offers live scores on ongoing matches. These are the sports you will be able to place live bets on if you did not make a pre-match bet
- Tutorials – gives you assistance on the various activities you can carry out on the platform
- Mobile – offers you the mobile browser options
- Promotions – highlights the latest bonus offers on the site
BetKing Nigeria Registration
This bookmaker has a lot to offer its members when it comes to sports betting options. However, you must first undergo the BetKing Nigeria registration process, which will enable you to create a user account. For this, you’ll need to click the Register Now button directly below the Login button at the top of the screen. You’ll then need to fill in various fields on the newly loaded page. These include:
- Your unique username
- A secure password
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Your preferred email address
- Your current mobile number
- Your date of birth
- The state you reside in
- Your city
- Your country
- Your address
- The currency you’ll use
- Your gender
The Info buttons beside the fields you’re supposed to fill in will indicate how many characters you can place into those fields. You’ll need to take care when filling in your names as they have to be identical to those registered with your preferred payment method. If they’re not, you will experience difficulties once you’re ready to start making transactions.
There are three checkboxes along the bottom of these fields. One will ask whether you’d like to receive the bookmaker’s information. This is a great way to get the latest news on BetKing as well as the online sports betting scene. Another box will ask whether you have a promotion code. Clicking on it will bring up an area for you to fill in the code to receive the promised offer.
You’ll know your account has been created when you see the prompt on the screen indicating it. There will also be an email sent to you. Click on the link provided within it to confirm your registration details.
Once you have an account, in case you forget your password, click on the Forgot Password option at the top of the page. A new page will load, requesting you to input your registered username. Type it into the empty field and click Proceed. An email will be sent to you with a link to help you reset your password.
How to Bet on BetKing?
You need to place bets to earn winnings. Seasoned bettors will be quite familiar with the process as most bookmakers follow the same procedure. However, if you’re new to this, BetKing offers tutorials to help you get started. Click on the Help menu at the top of the page, then select Tutorials from the listed options to the left of the page. A list of all tutorials will load. Click on How to Place A Bet.
The steps outlined are as follows:
- Log in to your BetKing account
- Click the Sport menu and select your preferred choice among the listed options on the left
- Select your preferred tournament
- Select your markets and odds from the available options. These will automatically update on the bet slip that’s to the right of the screen
- Input the amount you’d like to bet and click Proceed
- A dialogue box will pop up asking you to confirm your selections
- Click Confirm to successfully place your bets
In case you would like to edit your existing bet slip, you can. BetKing offers the Rebet option to its bettors. This enables you to add and remove events from open selections. There are two options to achieve this.
From the Coupon Check:
- Log in and move to the right of the screen, directly below the Bet slip area.
- In the Verify Coupon area, type in your bet slip’s code. This is located at the bottom of your open bet slip
- A dialogue box with your bet slip’s details will open up. Click on Rebet at the top right corner
- Your slip will then be reloaded to the right side of the screen for you to make the changes you desire, just as when you were placing your initial bets
- Click Proceed once done, then Confirm to confirm the changes
From your Bet List:
- Login and click My Account at the top right corner
- From the User Area on the left of the screen, click Bet Search
- A list of all your open bets will be displayed at the bottom of the page. Choose the one you’d like to change. Alternatively, type your bet slip code into the Coupon Code section and click proceed to find the slip faster
- Click Rebet to the right of the bet slip’s details to open up it up for editing
- Make the changes you desire and click Proceed, then Confirm to effect the changes
The BetKing Nigeria site also allows bettors to make live bets. These enable you to bet on a game even after it’s started. That way, if you weren’t keen on a particular game, but you have a feeling you can predict the outcome based on how the match is progressing, then you can do so. On the flip side, if you’re not confident about bets you had already placed, you can also cash out. That means you will be able to save yourself from making losses from a bet you had already placed.
Online bookmakers are aware of the thrill that bettors get from being able to place as many bets as possible. To do this, however, the bettors need to have enough funds in their accounts. That’s why some go as far as offering up bonuses to boost the deposited amount you were prepared to use. That means you get extra for simply funding your sportsbook account.
BetKing starts your sports betting journey with a bang by offering an exciting Welcome bonus. To become eligible, you first need to register for an online account. Once you receive a confirmation on your successful registration, make your first deposit. This must be a minimum of 100 Naira for you to qualify for the offer. After making your qualifying deposit, proceed to the Bonus section of your account to view additional instructions on claiming your bonus.
Depending on the amount you deposited, you’ll receive a 100% match up to 100,000 Naira. However, ensure you click the Activate button in your account’s Bonus section to have the offer activated. If you do not, the bonus will not automatically get credited into your account.
For existing clients on the platform, this bookmaker offers bonuses on accumulations. For every five selections you make, you will receive a 5% accumulator bonus. Every additional selection on top of that earns you a higher bonus percentage, up to a maximum of 40 selections. For this, you’ll receive a 225% accumulator boost.
- QuickTeller ATM
- Polaris Collect
- Interswitch Webpay
- QuickTeller Web
Of the many sportsbooks offering their services to Nigerian bettors, BetKing is one of the few that offers several payment methods to facilitate transactions on the platform. The methods you can use to make deposits include:
- QuickTeller ATM
- Polaris Collect
- Interswitch Webpay
- QuickTeller Web
All deposits to the platform are free. Your balance will be credited as soon as the service provider confirms the transaction. For withdrawals, bettors on the platform use bank transfers. BetKing does not charge any fees for the request, which gets processed within 24 hours during working days. However, ensure you contact your chosen service provider to confirm whether any charges apply for sending and receiving funds from BetKing.
Not everyone owns or even has access to a laptop or desktop. However, nearly all bettors own mobile devices. These could be smartphones, feature phones, or even tablets. Whichever one you have, BetKing Nigeria ensures you can still access the platform’s thrilling offerings directly from it.
There’s no native BetKing app for mobile users. However, they can still access the platform from their device’s browser.
- Open your mobile browser
- Type the BetKing Nigeria URL into the address bar
- Wait for the platform to load so you can register for an account, or log in
The platform is adaptive, so it automatically detects the device you’re on to have everything properly fit on your screen. However, if the layout doesn’t automatically switch to suit your device screen, click on the Sport menu and click on the Mobile option. When you do, you will have the opportunity to select whether to use the:
- Mobile platform – this is ideal for larger screens such as those on tablets or smartphones
- Mobile Lite option – this works best with feature phones that have a smaller screen size. It also enables you to use less mobile data to browse the platform
BetKing Nigeria Browser Site
If you’d like to access this bookmaker’s services via their online platform, you can use your desktop or laptop to achieve that. Open your chosen browser and type in the BetKing URL into the address bar. Once the platform loads, you’re set to begin.
The first thing you’ll notice when you load the BetKing Nigeria site is its rich blue background, which is a nod to the royal treatment you can expect while on the platform. The deep blue is further accentuated by the golden tones used to highlight the platform’s features and menu items along the screen’s top. The homepage remains uncluttered, bringing to your attention some of its bonuses, members’ win potential as well as the options to either indulge online or offline.
The menus along the top enable you to get direct access to:
- Live games
- Virtual offerings
- Become an agent section
- News about the platform and the sports world
- Help, where you’ll find tutorials on how to use the platform
- Live Chat option
At the bottom of the screen, you’ll come across some of the same menu options as at the very top of the screen. There’s also an About Us button. This will take you to a section giving you a brief of what the sportsbook is all about. This includes information on its owners, acquired licenses, and its aspirations for the Nigerian sports betting community. The bottom of each page also indicates the various payment options accepted on the platform.
Online betting operators are tasked with offering adequate channels for their clients to get in touch with them. This could be for purposes such as assisting with any issues experienced on the platform, to receiving feedback on the efficiency of their site. Whatever the case, the BetKing Nigeria contact options enable bettors to get assistance when they need it quickly.
The platform offers several customer support channels, all of which operate 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Therefore, whether you prefer to place your bets during the day or at night, you can still reach out to them if the need arises. That’s through the following methods:
- Contact form – this is a form that is made available directly on the site
- Customer support hotline – 01-2777247
- Support email address – [email protected]
- WhatsApp contact number – 09014777247
- Facebook – @betkingng
- Twitter – @betkinghelp, or @betkingng
- Instagram – @betkingng
Pros and Cons
BetKing is one of the few bookmakers that stand out when it comes to offering what their Nigerian sports fans need. They extend a variety of services to bettors that are all aimed towards helping them walk away with substantial earnings from the platform. Below are the pros and cons of the site, so you have an idea of what awaits you once you become a member of this online bookmaker.
- Licensed platform
- A detailed Help section
- Accepts mobile browser betting
- Several payment methods available
- Lucrative bonuses for new and existing clients
- Special bets are available
- Plenty of sports
- 24/7 customer supports available
- Existence of offline agent stores
- Allows cash outs
- Live betting is possible
- Fast payouts
- Live Chat option does not function
- No live stream option
- No native mobile apps
Is BetKing a licensed bookmaker?
Who owns BetKing Nigeria?